JOB OPENING: LEF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Ladue Education Foundation & Alumni Association
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Ladue Education Foundation Board of Directors
Status: Part-time Staff Position (30 hours per week)
ABOUT THE LADUE EDUCATION FOUNDATION & ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The Ladue Education Foundation & Alumni Association (LEF) brings together a community united in its belief in public education. Together, we provide world-class academic and enrichment programs and promote connections for Ladue Schools alumni. We join philanthropy with education to expand opportunities for student success and advance the excellence and legacy of the Ladue School District.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing part-time services to help advance the LEF mission. In conjunction with the LEF Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall management, fundraising, creation and implementation of projects and programs for the LEF that have a direct impact on the Ladue School District.
This position requires a highly organized, independent thinker who has a passion for education and philanthropy. It is imperative that candidate be self-motivated, persistent and goal-oriented. The candidate must have a strong ability to work both independently and as a member of a team while managing complex relationships. The selected candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, and strong research and computer skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An undergraduate degree is required; a degree in business administration, public relations, communications/marketing or nonprofit management would enhance the candidate’s qualifications. The successful candidate will have experience in fund development and/or estate planning activities, such as major gift solicitation and planned giving, as well as proven experience in grant writing. Experience working with nonprofit boards of directors preferred. Experience with Blackbaud eTapestry software helpful, but not required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Increase the LEF’s financial assets by planning and implementing all fundraising activities and programs, including the following:
a. Identify and obtain individual, corporate, and foundation contributions,
b. Build strong relationships, through cultivation and stewardship, with donors and potential donors,
c. Develop and execute fundraising plans, special events, campaigns, and programs, including annual community events,
d. Oversee production of all promotional mailings and electronic communications related to fundraising and all components of the LEF,
e. Serve as fundraising liaison with the LEF Board of Directors.
2. Provide strong leadership necessary to achieving programmatic goals in the Ladue School District, by cultivating strong relationships with partner organizations including the Ladue School District and other community organizations, as necessary, to accomplish the mission of the LEF.
3. Serve as liaison between the various committees of the LEF. Provide support and supervision of committees as necessary.
4. Serve as liaison between the LEF and the Ladue School District in supporting alumni relationships and activities.
5. Recruit volunteers to serve on the LEF Board and committees, as required and requested by the LEF Board of Directors.
6. Network with other school foundations and engage in professional development to bring best practices to the LEF.
7. Maintain accurate records of hours spent and expenses associated with fulfilling these responsibilities.
The Ladue Education Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants should email their Resume and Cover Letter to Board President, Julie Schuster at email@example.com. Please include LEF Executive Director in the subject line.